Hyperledger Solang development is going very well, and we have made huge strides towards compatibility with the latest Solana and Substrate chains. We hope to see more user activity in the following quarter, as the compiler is now usable for end-users (or Solidity developers). We expect to be helping users and fixing bugs as they arise.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos? Yes
- Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos? Only the main solang repo
- Has your project implemented these inclusive language changes listed below to your repo? You can optionally use the DCI Lint tool to make this a recurring action on your repo.
- master → main
- slave → replicas
- blacklist → denylist
- whitelist → allowlist Yes (please note this issue in the DCI lint tool)
- Have you added an Inclusive Language Statement to your project’s documentation and/or Wiki pages? Yes
Questions/Issues for the TSC
There are no issues at this time.
Since entering incubation, we have had a steady stream of releases:
- 2022-09-16: Hyperledger Solang v0.1.13 Genoa
2022-12-02: Hyperledger Solang v0.2.0 Berlin
This release marks stability for the latest Parity Substrate/Polkadot chain
- 2023-01-05: Hyperledger Solang v0.2.1 Rio
2023-02-20: Hyperledger Solang v0.2.2 Alexandria
This release marks stability for the latest Solana’s Anchor and generates Solana IDL metdata
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
We have been working hard towards compatibility with both Parity Substrate (including Polkadot) and Solana. Both these efforts are now complete and we hope to see more user activity.
Discord is very active and we see new users ask questions.
- Do everything to support and attract Solidity developers on Solana and Substrate
- Improve the developer experience for Solidity
- Maintain compatibility the latest Solidity version
We have three active maintainers: Sean Young, Lucas Steuernagel, and Cyrill Leutwiler. They are distributed across Solana Labs and Parity Technologies.
Since entering incubation (2022-08-30, commit f1f90b538e0adf8d4a1d47179ef9b92d7d60d040):
- 190 commits
- 8 different commit authors
Salaheldin Soliman, last years Hyperledger Mentee, continues to make great contributions.
None at this time.