2022 Q3 Hyperledger Cello
Created by Yuanmao Zhu, last modified by Artem Barger on Sep 24, 2022
Project health is OK with working on the coming v1.0 release. v1.0.0-alpha2 is released on May 30, 2022. v1.0.0-beta is planned this quarter. v1.0.0 hopefully could be released by the end of year.
The 1.0 release is with new architecture.
- The new dashboard is almost done;
- New agent design and docker agent implementation are done;
- Continue the API Engine;
Xichen Pan joins us as an intern for Linux mentorship program this Q3, and has started to contribute the Cello project, and actively participates weekly meetings.
- ✅ Have you switched from master to main in all your repos ?
- ✅ Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos ?
- ✅ Has your project implemented these inclusive language changes listed below to your repo? You can optionally use the DCI Lint tool to make this a recurring action on your repo.
- master → main
- slave → replicas
- blacklist → denylist
- whitelist → allowlist
- ✅ Have you added an Inclusive Language Statement to your project’s documentation and/or Wiki pages?
Questions/Issues for the TSC
There are no issues.
- v1.0.0-alpha2 is done in May, 2022.
- v1.0.0-beta is planed this quarter
- v1.0.0 is planed this year.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
In Q3, we continue to focus on the implementation of API engine and front-end clients.
- Completed the front end basic work on the deployment operations;
- Finish the new backend agent (based on Docker);
- Finish the cli SDK for dashboard usage.
- Continued development of API engine.
- node APIs are done;
- channel APIs are almost done;
- chaincode APIs are on-going.
- support mutiple organizations.
- Kick off documentation “fix”
Next steps include:
- Finish the v1.0.0-beta release in the Q3 quarter of 2022.
- Release the v1.0.0 in the Q4
Current there are 3 maintainers, and those active developers who contribute to cello continuously (3 month) may be nominated as new maintainers.
- Baohua Yang (Oracle)
- feng yang (H3C)
- Yuanmao Zhu (Coinbase)
In Q3, we have a total of 21 commits from 4 contributors.
- 🔲 Angelo De Caro
- ✅ Arnaud J Le Hors
- ✅ Artem Barger
- 🔲 Arun S M
- ✅ Bobbi Muscara
- ✅ Danno Ferrin
- ✅ David Enyeart
- 🔲 Grace Hartley
- ✅ Jim Zhang
- ✅ Kamlesh Nagware
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Peter Somogyvari
- ✅ Tracy Kuhrt
- ✅ Troy Ronda
Do you have any info about the corporate affiliations of the contributions you have? Was it the three maintainers and one non-maintainer contributor?
Posted by shemnon at Sep 07, 2022 16:27
Interesting to see v1.0.0. There are a few Hyperledger labs th"at provide blockchain network deployment and management. Is there any plan to collaborate with other projects?
For example Hyperledger Bevel, HLF-operator, fabric-operator labs etc..
Posted by knagware9 at Sep 22, 2022 09:13