2021 Q4 Hyperledger Transact
Created by Andrea Gunderson, last modified by Artem Barger on Dec 16, 2021
Hyperledger Transact - https://github.com/hyperledger/transact
Health is good. In the last quarter there were 8 releases (including a 0.4 release), a new maintainer, and a lot of new features completed.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos ? yes
- Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos ?
- LICENSE - yes
- CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md - no
- SECURITY.md - yes
- README.md - yes
- MAINTAINERS.md - yes
- CONTRIBUTING.md - yes
- CHANGELOG - yes, but called RELEASE_NOTES.md
Questions/Issues for the TSC
No issues currently.
Since project creation, the project has had 28 releases. The current release is 0.4.1. The releases are available on crates.io : https://crates.io/crates/transact/versions
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
Continued incremental improvements to the initial code base. Additional activity shown below. The primary method of discussion continues to be held in RocketChat .
- Completed and stabilized support of SQLite and Postgres merkle-radix tree.
- Stabilized `transact workload` command for performance and stability testing.
Next steps include:
- Move Sawtooth Sabre (wasm engine) into Transact
- Reorganization of the project’s crate structure
- Setup a documentation site to help explain/advocate the project
- Add a next-generation smart contract API / simplified smart contracts (cross-project with Sawtooth, in progress)
Over the last quarter, Isabel Tomb was added as a new Maintainer and Eloá Franca Verona was retired.
There were a total of 6 contributors in the last quarter.
Insights from August 25 2021 to November 25 2021
- ✅ Angelo De Caro
- ✅ Arnaud J Le Hors
- ✅ Artem Barger
- 🔲 Arun S M
- ✅ Bobbi Muscara
- ✅ Danno Ferrin
- ✅ David Enyeart
- 🔲 Grace Hartley
- ✅ Hart Montgomery
- ✅ Jim Zhang
- ✅ Kamlesh Nagware
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Peter Somogyvari
- ✅ Tracy Kuhrt
- 🔲 Troy Ronda