2021 Q2 Hyperledger Sawtooth
Created by Andrea Gunderson, last modified by David Enyeart on Apr 30, 2021
The primary focus of the last quarter was a new initiative to address older PRs and start migrating from JIRA to Github Issues.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos ? Mostly, a few left
- Have you implemented repolinter.json in all your repos ? No - mostly in compliance with exception of ChangeLog.md/NOTICES ; probably the repolinter config should only warn on these. ChangeLog.md is unnecessary as the repositories have good commit history (a.k.a changelog) and release notes are published in addition ( RELEASE_NOTES.md ). NOTICES is appropriate mostly for binary distributions or when other project’s code is included, which does not apply to many repos.
Questions/Issues for the TSC
No new issues.
- Sawtooth Sabre v0.7.1 - 12/21/2020
- Sawtooth SDK GO v0.1.4 - 3/12/2021
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
The community continues to discuss Sawtooth-related issues on Rocketchat. Live working sessions have also been used on a monthly basis to discuss the future of Sawtooth, with participation from the community.
The `master` branches for most of the Sawtooth repos have been renamed to `main`.
- Added a trait for enforcing admin permissions to the Sabre transaction processor. This will allow for using Sabre without requiring Sawtooth Settings.
- Added list/show commands for contracts to the `sabre` CLI.
For many existing PRs, fresh feedback was given, they were closed due to inactivity (with a request to re-open if they are still relevant), and or they were merged. For migrating from JIRA to Github Issues, every story is being reviewed and either migrated or closed (if it no longer applies).
The following work is currently in progress:
- Rewriting the Sawtooth CLI in Rust
- Refreshing the Sawtooth website and documentation
- Move portions of Sawtooth Sabre to Hyperledger Transact
- Migrate to Github Issues, away from JIRA.
The following work is currently planned:
- Create a new consensus library that will be used by the Sawtooth validator
- Initialize a Sawtooth service for Splinter
- Improve Sabre performance
Plans will continue to be developed as part of the working sessions.
Maintainers are distributed across Bitwise IO, Cargill, Intel, and Walmart Labs.
Commits from 2020-12-31 to 2021-03-31 : 54
Committers from 2020-12-31 to 2021-03-31 : 7
Domains from 2020-12-31 to 2021-03-31 : 3
- ✅ Angelo De Caro
- ✅ Arnaud J Le Hors
- ✅ Arun S M
- ✅ Baohua Yang
- ✅ Bobbi Muscara
- ✅ Danno Ferrin
- ✅ David Enyeart
- ✅ Gari Singh
- ✅ Grace Hartley
- ✅ Hart Montgomery
- ✅ Maria Teresa Nieto
- 🔲 Mark Wagner
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Tracy Kuhrt
- ✅ Troy Ronda
Thanks for calling out possible improvements in `repolinter.json`.
Posted by arsulegai at Apr 29, 2021 07:12
Indeed. All PRs welcome!
Posted by lehors at Apr 29, 2021 13:21
I never hesitate on that https://github.com/hyperledger-labs/hyperledger-community-management-tools/pull/67
Posted by arsulegai at Apr 29, 2021 16:03