2022 Q2 Hyperledger Cello
Created by Baohua Yang, last modified by Peter Somogyvari on Aug 09, 2022
Overall health is OK with working on the coming v1.0 release. v1.0.0-alpha2 is released on May 30, 2022. v1.0.0-beta is planed this quarter.
The 1.0 release is with new architecture.
- The new dashboard is almost done;
- New agent design and docker agent implementation are done;
- Continue the API Engine;
On the other hand, the internship project attracts 100+ applicants, and review/selection is done with lots of work.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos ? Yes
- Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos ? Yes
- Has your project implemented these inclusive language changes listed below to your repo? You can optionally use the DCI Lint tool to make this a recurring action on your repo. Yes
- master → main
- slave → replicas
- blacklist → denylist
- whitelist → allowlist
- Have you added an Inclusive Language Statement to your project’s documentation and/or Wiki pages? Yes, we have a PR open for adding the statement to our main README.md file: https://github.com/hyperledger/cello/pull/450
v1.0.0-alpha2 is done in May, 2022.
Plan a v1.0.0-beta release this quarter.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
This quarter, we mainly have been focusing on the implementation of API engine and front end.
- Completed the front end basic work on the deployment operations;
- Finish the new backend agent (based on Docker);
- Finish the cli SDK for dashboard usage.
- Continued development of API engine.
- node APIs are done;
- channel APIs are almost done;
- chaincode APIs are on-going.
Next steps include:
- Finish the v1.0.0-beta release in the 2nd quarter of 2022.
Current there are 3 maintainers, and those active developers who contribute to cello continuously (3 month) may be nominated as new maintainers.
1 maintainer (Qiang Xu) is retired this quarter and a new one is nominated (Yuanmao Zhu).
- Baohua Yang (Oracle)
- Yang Feng (H3C)
- Yuanmao Zhu (Coinbase)
This quarter, we have a total of 22 commits from 3 contributors.
Insights from Feb 26 2022 to May 31 2022 , can be found at Cello stats for last quarter.
- ✅ Angelo De Caro
- ✅ Arnaud J Le Hors
- ✅ Artem Barger
- 🔲 Arun S M
- ✅ Bobbi Muscara
- ✅ Danno Ferrin
- ✅ David Enyeart
- ✅ Grace Hartley
- ✅ Jim Zhang
- ✅ Kamlesh Nagware
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Peter Somogyvari
- ✅ Tracy Kuhrt
- 🔲 Troy Ronda
Hi, Baohua Yang : It looks like you are using an old template of the project report. There are two additional questions in the required information:
Also, Hart is no longer required to review the project reports. Can you please let us know the answers to the above questions.
Posted by tkuhrt at May 31, 2022 16:56
Update the content, and add the inclusive language statement at https://github.com/hyperledger/cello/pull/450 .
Posted by baohua at May 31, 2022 18:26
hi Baohua Yang , I assume enhancing the docs is part of the release 1.0 activities? It looks like the published version of the docs hasn't moved much, would highly encourage the team to work on making the docs more filled in so new comers and potential contributors can get started.
Posted by jimthematrix at Jun 02, 2022 15:26
Nice suggestion, will bridge the message with the team!
Posted by baohua at Jun 02, 2022 22:33