Created by Andrea Gunderson, last modified by Jim Zhang on Dec 01, 2022
Hyperledger Sawtooth https://sawtooth.hyperledger.org/
A large contribution to the Go SDK extended its functionality to include support for consensus engines. Increased activity in the Discord #sawtooth channel.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos ? Yes
- Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos ? Yes
- Has your project implemented these inclusive language changes listed below to your repo? You can optionally use the DCI Lint tool to make this a recurring action on your repo. Yes
- master → main
- slave → replicas
- blacklist → denylist
- whitelist → allowlist
- Have you added an Inclusive Language Statement to your project’s documentation and/or Wiki pages? We have not added the statement to the documentation .
No new issues.
No recent releases
Contributors submitted a complex PR to the Go SDK to add consensus engine support, which was one of the largest non-maintainer PRs to have been submitted to Sawtooth. A re-implementation of dev mode consensus was included as an example.
The community continues to discuss Sawtooth-related issues on Discord, with more activity than in recent quarters.
The following work is currently in progress:
- Go SDK enhancements
- Merge transaction execution components from Transact into the Sawtooth library
Maintainers are distributed across Bitwise IO, Cargill, Intel, and Walmart Labs.
Commits from 2022-07-26 to 2022-11-26 : 74
Committers from 2022-07-26 to 2022-11-26 : 7
Domains from 2022-07-26 to 2022-11-26 : 4
- 🔲 Angelo De Caro
- ✅ Arnaud J Le Hors
- ✅ Artem Barger
- 🔲 Arun S M
- ✅ Bobbi Muscara
- 🔲 Danno Ferrin
- ✅ David Enyeart
- 🔲 Grace Hartley
- ✅ Jim Zhang
- ✅ Kamlesh Nagware
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Peter Somogyvari
- ✅ Tracy Kuhrt
- 🔲 Troy Ronda
Andrea Gunderson – That's great to hear about the large contribution received from a non-maintainer community member. If you'd like to talk more about how we could help find the project connect with more contributors, feel free to reach out and I'm happy to talk about how we can help.
Posted by davidwboswell at Nov 16, 2022 00:27