Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting
A recording of this meeting exists but the file has been moved and cannot be located by Cisco Webex.
March 25, 2016 (8:00am - 9:00am PT)
F2F in Brooklyn & via WebEx
|Deutsche Boerse Group
|Richard G. Brown
- Github: www.github.com/hyperledger
- Wiki: https://github.com/hyperledger/hyperledger/wiki
- IRC: #hyperledger on freenode.net (has Meetbot)
- Public lists: lists.hyperledger.org
- Slack: hyperledgerproject.slack.com/signup (email firstname.lastname@example.org for access)
- Information on the TSC Members can be found at https://www.hyperledger.org/about/tsc
Readouts from Technical F2F
- Recording available of readouts from Technical F2F, which took place prior to TSC Meeting
Getting to a Code Base
- A team at the hackathon developed a PoC for a merged code base
- This team demonstrated their PoC work
- The team noted that they pivoted slightly from the original plans once the pulled code together and merged
- The net result is that they found a more elegant solution in the process
- Comment about identity issues. Talking about federation and very different requirements… are we supporting multi-sig, what are wallet requirements, regulatory issues (hardware, tokens, etc.), privacy issues (i.e. Europe vs. US), This will affect all of our Federations. If we create a lot of different chaincodes with authority being granted by those chaincodes, how does that work? Suggested to TSC to determine where identity fits into the project.
- The TSC discussed general topics of the relationship of HLP protocols, code and architecture. There was interest in eventually creating a way to pass cryptographic proofs with a protocol for exchanging.
- Chris Ferris: recommend to merge the codebases to then start building and testing
- Most TSC members favored moving forward with this proposal
- A request was made to see the proposal documented with a few more specifics before casting a formal vote
- ACTION: Chris Ferris will formalize proposal and send out for review prior to a vote
- Plan to have another F2F in roughly 1 month’s time.
- Preference for east coast – though may want to move GEO around