2020 Q2 Hyperledger Sawtooth
Created by Andrea Gunderson, last modified by Gari Singh on Apr 27, 2020
Hyperledger Sawtooth https://sawtooth.hyperledger.org/
- Assembly-Script SDK for Sawtooth-Sabre
- Transaction event support has been added to Sabre rust SDK.
- Sabre Action builders now have `into_payload_builder` to simplify the process of building a payload from scratch.
Stabilization of existing code continued to be a theme last quarter. As a result, the number of commits is fairly low (for Sawtooth anyway) due to targeted bug-fix activity as opposed to large feature development. This should change as large feature development resumes.
Transact integration has begun with updates to Sawtooth’s Rust SDK.
Next Directory repositories were archived. The repository is still available for reference for similar work moving forward, but is not expected to be a Sawtooth feature directly (it is at a higher layer).
Questions/Issues for the TSC
No new issues.
- Sawtooth Core v1.2.4
- Sawtooth PBFT v1.0.2
- Sawtooth Sabre v0.5.0, v0.5.1, v0.5.2
- Sawtooth Rust SDK v0.4.1, v0.4.2
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
A high volume of discussion is occurring on the Sawtooth channels on Rocketchat.
- Integrate “Transaction” and “Batch” from Transact into Sawtooth
- Rewrite of remaining Python components in Sawtooth Core in Rust
- Moving portions of Sabre to Transact
Maintainers are investigating options for defining some easy-to-get-started work to attract a wider set of low-volume contributors.
Maintainers are distributed across Bitwise IO, Cargill, Intel, and Walmart Labs.
Logan Seeley was added as maintainer for Sawtooth Sabre.
Commits from 2020-01-01 to 2020-03-31 : 76
Committers from 2020-01-01 to 2020-03-31 : 14
Domains from 2020-01-01 to 2020-03-31 : 7
- ✅ Angelo De Caro
- ✅ Arnaud J Le Hors
- ✅ Christopher Ferris
- ✅ Dan Middleton
- ✅ Gari Singh
- ✅ Hart Montgomery
- ✅ Mark Wagner
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Swetha Repakula
- ✅ Tracy Kuhrt
- ✅ Troy Ronda