2019 Q3 Hyperledger Cello
Created by Baohua Yang, last modified on Nov 08, 2019
Project health is largely the same as in previous update. The community is making changes to make Cello more of a production ready tool. Features and capabilities are now more based on common use cases and behaviors of the Blockchain applications. Weekly meetings often see 10+ participates and often run about 60 minutes due to discussions and questions.
There are no major issues at this time. There is increasing requirement for the new features of the planed v1.0.0 release.
- v0.9.0: Support v1.1/v1.2 fabric in k8s agent, Add v1.3 capabilities to ansible agent.
- v1.0.0: Most of the changes to the project are towards this release. We like to be very cautious and prudent on this release and will not rush it out.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
- Ansible agent continued with many features additions:
- Continue working on Interop artifacts generation, join request, orderering system endpoints and certificates integration
- Added agent creation function on user dashboard
- Adding Fabric K8S operators with the Intership
- Talk with Justitia proposal submmitter to bring the proposed functions/idea into cello and/or basically merge its work into Cello
- Keep working on the new governing model and relevant APIs.
- Based new and future cello work on fabric 1.4.2 (community decision)
- Designed and implemented the new dashboard for the new APIs.
- Updated the document for the new architecture.
- Bug fixes.
|Use new framework to unify all the user interface panels||High|
Organize and manage fabric network dynamically
Adopt the Interop working group channel expansion method
|Support HLF 1.4 LTS and later version (The ansible agent part is finished)||Medium|
Current there are 4 maintainers, and those active developers who contribute to cello continuously (3 month) will be nominated.
- Baohua Yang (Oracle)
- Haitao Yue (IBM)
- Tong Li (IBM)
- Jiahao Chen (VMware)
Contributions to the projects maintain the similar rate as Q2. Lot of discussions on bringing user management components from a third party which already has the function in their product.
- ✅ Arnaud Le Hors
- ✅ Baohua Yang
- ✅ Binh Nguyen
- ✅ Christopher Ferris
- ✅ Dan Middleton
- ✅ Hart Montgomery
- 🔲 Kelly Olson
- ✅ Mark Wagner
- ✅ Mic Bowman
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Silas Davis
Please look into CII ahead of your release. Also please review the draft release requirements (which include CII). They are only in draft form now, but your project would only benefit from adopting as many as possible.
Issue 2: What are the criteria for a "First Major Release"?
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org at Aug 15, 2019 15:10