2021 Q4 Hyperledger Sawtooth
Created by Andrea Gunderson, last modified by Bobbi Muscara on Nov 04, 2021
Hyperledger Sawtooth https://sawtooth.hyperledger.org/
In the last quarter work was done to simplify some aspects of Sawtooth Sabre in preparation for it being moved to Transact. SQLite, PostgreSQL and LMDB support for ReceiptStore in sawtooth-lib has been stabilized. The design can be found here .
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos ? Yes
- Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos ?
- LICENSE - yes
- CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md - no
- SECURITY.md - yes
- README.md - yes
- MAINTAINERS.md - yes
- CONTRIBUTING.md - yes
- CHANGELOG - yes, but called RELEASE_NOTES.md
Questions/Issues for the TSC
No new issues.
- Sawtooth Library v0.6.6 - 8/31/2021
- Sawtooth Library v0.6.7 - 10/07/2021
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
The community continues to discuss Sawtooth-related issues on Rocketchat. Live working sessions have also been used on a monthly basis to discuss the future of Sawtooth, with participation from the community.
- Stabilized SQLite and PostgresSQL support for the ReceiptStore in sawtooth-lib
- Removed smart permission and Pike from Sabre. Pike has been moved to Grid and had a major update, and Smart Permissions are currently not used anywhere but did rely heavily on Pike.
- Community bug fixes
The following work is currently in progress:
- Move portions of Sawtooth Sabre to Hyperledger Transact
- Migrate to Github Issues, away from JIRA.
- Rewriting the Sawtooth CLI in Rust
- Refreshing the Sawtooth website and documentation
The following work is currently planned:
- Create a new consensus library that will be used by the Sawtooth validator
- Initialize a Sawtooth service for Splinter
- Improve Sabre performance
Plans will continue to be developed as part of the working sessions.
Maintainers are distributed across Bitwise IO, Cargill, Intel, and Walmart Labs.
Commits from 2021-07-20 to 2021-10-26 : 102
Committers from 2021-07-20 to 2021-10-26 : 6
Domains from 2021-07-20 to 2021-10-26 : 2
- ✅ Angelo De Caro
- ✅ Arnaud J Le Hors
- ✅ Artem Barger
- ✅ Arun S M
- ✅ Bobbi Muscara
- ✅ Danno Ferrin
- ✅ David Enyeart
- 🔲 Grace Hartley
- ✅ Hart Montgomery
- ✅ Jim Zhang
- ✅ Kamlesh Nagware
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Peter Somogyvari
- ✅ Tracy Kuhrt
- 🔲 Troy Ronda
Do we have a data matrix about how many enterprise customers using Sawtooth? We have data & stories about Hyperledger fabric , Indy, Aries but Hyperledger Sawtooth DLT we don't have such data. I have faced such questions from the community about Sawtooth as project in production deployment.
I don't know whether this is right place to ask this question.
Posted by knagware9 at Nov 03, 2021 17:34
Probably a question to the Hyperledger staff? What is the source for data and stories about other projects?
On top of my mind, I know personally following projects are using Hyperledger Sawtooth - Indian CBSE 10th and 12th results are captured on it, BondEvalue, Panini's NFT, Tel Aviv Stock Exchange etc.
Posted by arsulegai at Nov 04, 2021 12:11
As I mentioned on the TSC call, there are examples in the community about people sharing what they've built with Sawtooth. Here is the recording of a presentation about an NFT marketplace built with Sawtooth that was shared at the Media and Entertainment SIG. I think there's a question here of how to better surface things that are happening across the community so people can find out about this if they aren't actively involved in a specific group.
Panini NFTs on Hyperledger Sawtooth-
Posted by davidwboswell at Nov 04, 2021 14:55