2022 Q4 Hyperledger Cello
Created by Baohua Yang, last modified by Artem Barger on Jan 02, 2023
2022 Q3 Hyperledger Cello 2022
Project health is OK with working on the coming v1.0 release. v1.0.0-alpha2 is released on May 30, 2022. v1.0.0-beta is planned this quarter. v1.0.0 hopefully could be released by the end of year.
The 1.0 release is with new architecture.
- The new dashboard is almost done;
- New agent design and docker agent implementation are done;
- Continue the API Engine;
Xichen Pan joins us as an intern for Linux mentorship program this Q3, and has started to contribute the Cello project, and actively participates weekly meetings.
- ✅ Have you switched from master to main in all your repos ?
- ✅ Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos ?
- ✅ Has your project implemented these inclusive language changes listed below to your repo? You can optionally use the DCI Lint tool to make this a recurring action on your repo.
- master → main
- slave → replicas
- blacklist → denylist
- whitelist → allowlist
- ✅ Have you added an Inclusive Language Statement to your project’s documentation and/or Wiki pages?
Questions/Issues for the TSC
There are no issues.
- v1.0.0-alpha2 is done in May, 2022.
- v1.0.0-beta1 is done in November.
- v1.0.0 is planed in December.
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
In Q4, we are working on the API engine and front end parts.
- Finish the development of API engine.
- node APIs are done;
- channel APIs are done;
- organizations APIs are done.
- Finish front end pages of channel and node management
- Improve documentation
Next steps include:
- Finish the v1.0.0 GA release in the December of 2022.
Current there are 3 maintainers, and those active developers who contribute to cello continuously (3 month) may be nominated as new maintainers.
- Baohua Yang (Oracle)
- feng yang (H3C)
- Yuanmao Zhu (Coinbase)
In Q4, we have a total of 24 commits from 5 contributors.
- 🔲 Angelo De Caro
- ✅ Arnaud J Le Hors
- ✅ Artem Barger
- 🔲 Arun S M
- ✅ Bobbi Muscara
- 🔲 Danno Ferrin
- ✅ David Enyeart
- ✅ Grace Hartley
- ✅ Jim Zhang
- 🔲 Kamlesh Nagware
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Peter Somogyvari
- ✅ Tracy Kuhrt
- ✅ Troy Ronda
Baohua Yang – That is exciting to hear about the upcoming 1.0.0 release. If you'd like help spreading the word about the release, we're happy to help you with that. There are a number of things we could do to help this get attention – run meetups or workshops, plan blog and social media posts and more. This presentation has a number of recommendations for how to raise the profile of a project and a release . If we can help you with this, feel free to reach out.
Posted by davidwboswell at Dec 01, 2022 00:11
hi Baohua Yang I assume documentation is the current focus for the 1.0 release? I don't see much update so far since the last time I reviewed it for the last quarter's report.
Posted by jimthematrix at Dec 08, 2022 15:06