2016 02 11 TSC Minutes
Technical Steering Committee (TSC) Meeting
February 11, 2016 (7:00am - 8:30am PT) via GoToMeeting
|Kireeti Reddy||CME Group||N/A|
|Stefan Teis||Deutsche Boerse Group||Present|
|David Voell||J.P. Morgan||Present|
|Richard G. Brown||R3||Present|
More information on the TSC Members can be found at https://www.hyperledger.org/about/tsc
TSC Chair Elections
Note: if you are a Premier member and have not yet notified email@example.com of your TSC representative, please do so ASAP.
Process for electing a TSC Chair (from the 11 TSC members)
- Begin nomination period: Today, Feb 11th, nominations includes a short bio/pitch less than 1 page
- End nomination period: 9pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, Feb 17th
- Send slate of respective nominees to TSC Members: Thursday, Feb 18th
- Send TSC members the ballot link to electronic voting: Thursday, Feb 18th using Condorcet voting (http://civs.cs.cornell.edu/)
- Voting period ends: Tuesday, Feb 23rd at 9pm Pacific Time
- Election winners announced: Wednesday, Feb 24th
The TSC operates in the open (open calls, public list)
Startup Period: During the first six (6) months after project launch, the TSC voting members shall consist of one (1) appointed representative from each Premier Member and each Top Level Project Maintainer, provided that no company (including related companies or affiliates under common control) shall have more than three (3) votes on the TSC.
Steady State: After the Startup Period, there shall be a nomination and election period for electing Contributors or Maintainers to the TSC. The TSC voting members shall consist of eleven (11) elected Contributors or Maintainers chosen by the Active Contributors. An Active Contributor is defined as any Contributor who has had a contribution accepted into the codebase during the prior twelve (12) months. The TSC shall approve the process and timing for nominations and elections held on an annual basis.
- IRC: #hyperledger on freenode.net (has Meetbot)
- Public lists: lists.hyperledger.org
- Slack: hyperledgerproject.slack.com (it was noted that it is possible to bridge IRC w/ Slack)
- Wiki would be useful – Linux Foundation to set up
- Consensus: [weekly] Thursdays, 7:00am - 8:30am PT
- Evaluate after 1 month if any changes to cadence or timing are necessary
Discussion on where and how to land code – getting proposed code into public review.
Should code under review remain on http://www.github.com/staging-blockchain or be moved to the formal org http://www.github.com/hyperledger?
- Consensus: use http://www.github.com/hyperledger, companies with proposed code can point to their repos from the readme, and note whether those linked repos are either “snapshot” or “ongoing development”
Template for Proposal Evaluation
- Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin Bharathan have volunteered to help edit an initial template for TSC review
Proposals for Common Starting Points
- Cryptographic libraries
- Member services
Consensus: start lower down the stack where people are much closer in agreement, and then slowly work up the stack.
Needed: create a github markdown doc for documenting use cases
Agenda Draft for 2/18 TSC Meeting
- Discussion on basic use cases to address
- High-level thoughts on how proposed contributions could be converged
- Walk-through of project proposal template (Stefan Buhrmester and Vipin Bharathan)
Previous Discussions from Formation Meetings
- Deployment Environment
- Change Management
- Contract Execution Environment
- Block of Transactions
- Authentication & Entitlements
- Reference Data