Project updates are:
- used by the TOC to determine the health of a project
- provided to the Governing Board on a monthly basis in the TOC Update
- used to highlight interesting updates to the Governing Board about the projects
- used by the TOC chair to provide project updates at both the annual Member Summit and Global Forum
- used to share interesting information with member companies by both the staff and TOC members
- suggested as a point of reference by the Learning Materials Development WG to newcomers to determine if a project would be worth joining based on information like the contributor diversity, as well as, the type of feature work that is ongoing within the project
Submitting Project Updates
Project reports are to be submitted as a pull request to the hyperledger/toc repository. For instructions on how to file see: Filing a Project Update
Project reports will be merged after 14 days from submission unless (1) there is still ongoing discussion regarding the report or (2) a majority of the TOC has not approved the PR. If all TOC members have approved the PR before 14 days, then the PR will be merged.
The following section captures the history of project reporting (aka project updates).
- 2017-10-08 - New Governing Process: Project Reporting Proposal - approved by email vote on 2017-10-11
- 2023-01-10 - Proposal to move project reports to GitHub - approved by voice vote 26 JAN 2023
- 2023-02-16 - Discussion on when to merge project reports