2021 Q1 Hyperledger Transact
Created by Andrea Gunderson, last modified by Danno Ferrin on Apr 01, 2021
Hyperledger Transact : https://www.hyperledger.org/projects/transact
Health is good. Work has been focused on workload tools that can be leveraged by different distributed ledgers for performance and stability testing.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos ? Yes
- Have you implemented repolinter.json in all your repos ? No
Questions/Issues for the TSC
No issues currently.
Since project creation, the project has had 19 releases. The current release is 0.3.6. The releases are available on crates.io : https://crates.io/crates/transact/versions
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
Continued incremental improvements to the initial code base. Additional activity shown below. The primary method of discussion continues to be held in RocketChat.
- A new CLI has been added to support workload performance and stability testing.
- Sabre smart contract support which enables compiling a Transact transaction handler into Sabre WASM smart contract.
Next steps include:
- Stabilize SQLite database support
- Add a next-generation smart contract API / simplified smart contracts (cross-project with Sawtooth, in progress)
- Add PostgreSQL database support
- Move Sawtooth Sabre into Transact
The maintainer diversity currently matches that of the initial project sponsor companies.
There were a total of 5 contributors in the last quarter, same as last quarter.
Insights from December 3rd 2020 to February 24th 2021
- ✅ Angelo De Caro
- ✅ Arnaud J Le Hors
- ✅ Arun S M
- ✅ Baohua Yang
- ✅ Bobbi Muscara
- ✅ Danno Ferrin
- ✅ David Enyeart
- ✅ Gari Singh
- ✅ Grace Hartley
- ✅ Hart Montgomery
- ✅ Maria Teresa Nieto
- 🔲 Mark Wagner
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Tracy Kuhrt
- ✅ Troy Ronda