2022 Q3 Hyperledger Transact
Created by Andrea Gunderson, last modified by David Enyeart on Sep 22, 2022
Hyperledger Transact - https://github.com/hyperledger/transact
Health is good. In the last quarter there was one release. This release includes a number of fixes to the stability of the SQL-backed merkle state implementation, including stable behavior of the merkle tree after state pruning has been applied. It also includes changes to support using the SQL-backed merkle state in the context of a wider transaction.
- Have you switched from master to main in all your repos ? Yes
- Have you implemented the Common Repository Structure in all your repos ? Yes
- Has your project implemented these inclusive language changes listed below to your repo? You can optionally use the DCI Lint tool to make this a recurring action on your repo.
- master → main Yes
- slave → replicas N/A
- blacklist → denylist N/A
- whitelist → allowlist Yes
- Have you added an Inclusive Language Statement to your project’s documentation and/or Wiki pages? The statement has not been added.
Questions/Issues for the TSC
No issues currently.
Since project creation, the project has had 33 releases. The current release is 0.4.6. The releases are available on crates.io : https://crates.io/crates/transact/versions
Overall Activity in the Past Quarter
Continued incremental improvements to the initial code base. Additional activity shown below. The primary method of discussion has been moved to Discord.
- Fix state pruning when using SqlMerkleState
- Allow the use of SqlMerkleState with-in existing transactions
- Stabilize the “state-merkle-sql-in-transaction” feature by removing it
- Make updates necessary for the eventual stabilization of the “playlist-smallbank” feature
The Transact team is investigating merging libtransact into sawtooth-lib in order to simplify the overall dependency tree. sawtooth-lib did not exist when the Transact project was created, but might now be a good fit.
- Re-evaluate threading model for batch scheduling and execution
- Setup a documentation site to help explain/advocate the project
- Add a next-generation smart contract API / simplified smart contracts (cross-project with Sawtooth, in progress)
Maintainers are the same as the previous quarter. Maintainers are currently:
There were a total of 5 contributors in the last quarter.
Insights from May 23rd 2022 to August 25th 2022
- 🔲 Angelo De Caro
- ✅ Arnaud J Le Hors
- ✅ Artem Barger
- 🔲 Arun S M
- ✅ Bobbi Muscara
- ✅ Danno Ferrin
- ✅ David Enyeart
- 🔲 Grace Hartley
- ✅ Jim Zhang
- ✅ Kamlesh Nagware
- ✅ Nathan George
- ✅ Peter Somogyvari
- ✅ Tracy Kuhrt
- ✅ Troy Ronda
Does this mean that the transact project would be end-of-life?
Posted by tkuhrt at Aug 31, 2022 18:23
Would probably mean that it goes into maintenance mode for a while since its a dependency for several other projects. There are also non-library pieces too.
Posted by amundson at Sep 01, 2022 14:43